Thank you for your interest in joining our growing school.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions:
As Admissions/Marketing Coordinator you will develop and implement marketing and outreach activities and initiatives and seek creative ways to spread the word about New Amsterdam and our mission, attracting increased enrollment. Together with the Administrative Director, you will be the ‘face of the school’ and play a key role in attracting and welcoming new families to our community. You will be the first point of contact for potential new families and will act as their guide through the admissions process. The Admissions/Marketing coordinator will have the opportunity to impact the face of education in the East Village and to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and neighborhood institutions.
● Create and implement a Marketing Plan including both high-level strategy and tactical execution. Assess opportunities and make informed choices that further the work of the school and support its mission.
● Manage marketing budget.
● Schedule, publicize, and manage Open House and Information session events.
● Solicit support from current parents and community to assist with achieving goals.
● Oversee the design and creation of all outward-facing materials and collateral.
● Maintain and build the school’s social media presence
● Respond to interested families and coordinate the admissions process (scheduling/form intake)
● Ensure response to phone and email inquiries in a timely manner.
● Provide clear and regular updates for Faculty and Board meetings.
● School Administrator (reports to)
● Current parents
● Counterparts/contacts in local Waldorf/Education community
● Familiarity with Waldorf education and the ability to speak with confidence about its purpose and benefits.
● A commitment to operating with a high level of integrity and to work with a purpose.
● Organized and functional self-starter who thrives with a high level of autonomy.
● Creative problem solver interested in doing more with less.
● Savvy and engaged user of key social media platforms.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
● Comfortable with a highly collaborative workplace.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
The New Amsterdam School is a dynamic young school located in Manhattan’s East Village, offering Waldorf education to urban families. We are members of a large community garden nearby where the children can explore, garden, and play daily. Our enthusiastic parent body is active and very committed to the school. Our supportive and diverse faculty is committed to Waldorf education, Anthroposophical study, and a collaborative work environment. New Amsterdam is a member of WECAN and beginning the process of becoming a developing member of AWSNA.
Please send your resume and a brief letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for qualified, motivated people to join our school, and will be happy to review applications as they come
Please send a letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com
You may also send materials to:
The New Amsterdam School
62 Avenue BNew York, NY 10009
Attn: Hiring Committee
New Amsterdam School is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.