Discover New Amsterdam School — Waldorf-inspired education for the whole child.
New Amsterdam School Early Childhood and Grades classes are held in a beautiful, home-like environment that nourishes and protects the senses. Children have the unique opportunity to explore the outdoors every day at our neighboring community garden. We uphold consistent daily and seasonal rhythms that instill health, security and trust.
Our comprehensive Waldorf curriculum feeds the imagination, building resilience, creativity and social sensitivity. Our teachers integrate art, movement and music into academics and into daily life, inspiring a genuine joy in learning, reverence for the natural world, and a deep sense of gratitude.
In everything we do, the child’s natural unfolding is our guide.
Spots are available in our programs!
We are currently accepting Grade 1 – 4, Kindergarten and Nursery applications for the 2017-18 school year. We offer rolling admissions for the current year as space allows. Join us for an upcoming Admissions Event:
- Tea and Play, an Early Childhood Sample Class, is held the first Wednesday of each month at 3:30pm.
- Open House, Wednesday October 19, 7pm: “Language Arts and Literacy in a Waldorf School.” From foundational pre-literacy to the blossoming of academic excellence.
- Open House, Thursday, November 3, 7pm: “Math Education in a Waldorf School.” From simple games to abstract concepts, discover our unique approach to math and find out why New Amsterdam children LOVE math!
- Open Day, Saturday, November 19, 10 am – noon: Join us for this whole family event, featuring bread making, free imaginative play, and a circle time.
Tours are offered every Thursday morning in September. Please email Kaarin Von Herrlich, our Director of Admissions, to join us : email@example.com
Join us for Tea and Play, our afternoon sample class, and discover the joy of our early childhood programs.
- Wednesday, November 2, 3:30pm – 5pm
New Amsterdam’s Tea and Play is an opportunity for children 2 – 6 years of age to experience the New Amsterdam classroom. Young children will delight in bread baking and free, imaginative play in our beautiful, sun-filled classroom. Parents will have the opportunity to observe and learn more about our unique programs. After a period of free play, our teachers will present a circle time or a puppet show–mesmerizing components of Waldorf education. Tea and snack will be served. drop-in’s welcome!
Children older than 6 are welcome to visit and participate in a grades class during school hours. Children under 2 are welcome to visit and participate in a parent and child class during school hours.
To find out more about our programs or about upcoming events, please sign up to receive email correspondences below, or contact our Admissions office: firstname.lastname@example.org